Tuesday 3 November 2009

Winter hits Chamonix!

These days are coming!

So it seems that winter has arrived here in Chamonix!

The Snow line is rapidly dropping down the side of the mountains here in the valley, now down within the tree line at around 1500m. We had 20cm at 2000m yesterday, another 20 to 30cm today and again tonight a similar amount is forecast for up in the mountains. It looks like its going to continue through the weekend and so I guess the winter has just sneaked in and taken over.

This is good for the mountains which were exceptionally dry this summer, the strong winds up high at the moment will help bridge over the crevasses, hiding them under a thin layer for now but starting the base that will allow us to ride up high in all the great spots once the snow base is good and deep.

I've been busy training on my bike since getting back from London, my legs are feeling strong and this bodes well for the coming season. It's still an ok temperature for riding in the lower valley so I'll not be putting it away just yet although I'm now starting to think about searching out my winter kit and if this continues I'll be heading out for a slide before too long.

We've been experiencing a small problem with our e-mail server this last week, I think it has been cleared up now but if anyone has not received a reply to an inquiry then please check your junk mail folders as someone recently found their reply had gone into their spam folder? If still nothing e-mail us again or give us a call on the office number between 9am and 12 noon.

Ok, all good over here, hope you're all looking forward to the coming winter.

Start getting excited!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment