Wednesday 25 November 2009

The peaks look amazing!

These days are coming, oh yeah!

The skies cleared today after a few days of bad weather to reveal the jagged peaks above the Chamonix valley coated once again in a fresh coat of white icing against a perfect blue clear sky backdrop, Amazing!

Its gotten a bit colder again and the snow line dropped down to about 1400m. It was a bit milder with the sun out today and so its gone back up a bit but the mountains are looking pretty white again and there's more bad weather coming so it looks like this is the start of it.

i keep thinking I've been out on my bike for the last time each time I go out but I managed to get out for a pretty big ride today with a couple of friends and felt good and strong as we headed down the valley to Passy and then up to Plan Joux for a bit of a work out. As long as there's no snow on the roads down there I'll keep getting out, loving it!

On the courses front things are getting pretty full through Jan and Feb, a few places are available on the Feb Tech clinic 21st to 28th (come on I can't believe you're all riding perfectly already, this is the course everyone needs to do!) Things are then pretty full up until the end of April when I have a free week available for either a group booking or I'm looking ast maybe putting on a new Snowboard touring type course. I was looking at offering the Haute route as a course but its a bit of a high level traverse so its not ideal for snowboarding so now I'm looking at a few alternatives. I quite fancy doing a couple of tours around the Grand Paradiso in Italy and a friend told me about another spot that sounds interesting in Italy too so keep checking back for more news on this venture.

I also put on a couple of new 3 day courses with a Backcountry Intro and another Off Piste clinic just before the Mont Blanc summits week which finishes off the season.

For those wondering what the conditions are like towards the end of April, I think this is one of the best riding times with long days, a good snow base and beautiful sunny weather.
April showers means there is frequent fresh snow up high and the North faces can still hold good cold winter snow. I've always had some good turns at the end of the season, it one of those things, just when you think the season is done it goes and snows its ass off.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty excited now about getting out for a slide so next time it snows I'm out there.

Until then I'll pound the pedals some more..

Take it easy,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment