Friday 6 November 2009

New Snow, New courses and New Q&A blog!

These days are definitely coming!

It's been snowing most of the last week above 2000m so the mountains are looking pretty white up there and it definitely a good start for the winter season.

I managed to get out on my bike a couple of times riding down in the lower valley and making a good circuit up towards Megeve and Plateau d'Assy. the sun came out the other day as I rode with fellow guide Jonny Baird and headed up to St Nicholas an beyond until we hit the snow line. It was great to be out and my legs felt super strong so this bodes well for the start of the winter.

I've been answering a lot of questions on technique, equipment and mountain awareness lately and so thought it would be a good idea to start a kind of blog/forum sort of thing so that you can ask questions, I answer them and then others can read them and post comments if they feel it relevant. Saves me answering the same questions over and over and you can join in, post your comments and add to the discussions. This will be a regular feature linked to the web site but for now you can find it here - Q&A Blog

I've also added a couple of NEW courses towards the end of April as I moved Kamchatka to 2011.

In its place I've added a NEW 3 Day BC Intro course , this will be the first 3 Day BC course I've ran and is designed for the experienced Off Piste rider that would like to take the first steps into the world of the Backcountry but doesn't have enough time for the full 6 day experience.

I've then completed that week with a 3 day Off piste clinic as these are filling up fast. With this course being at the end of the week it would either suit someone looking to do a few days warm up on their own before joining the course for the end of the week or someone looking to start a long weekend.

Last but not least I've got some Ortovox F1 transceivers to sell off so check out the goodies page on the McNab Snowboarding site.

For more info on these courses contact Ruth in the office.

Things are looking good!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment