Thursday 2 December 2010

Snow and more snow!

Bring it on!

It seems like its been snowing pretty much everywhere this last week! From what I've seen on the news, the UK is pretty much snowed under and most of France was in similar chaos as massive winter storms swept across the country.

Chamonix has received loads of snow, around 50cm here in the valley and it looks like the perfect start of another great winter!

The Grand Montets is to open again this weekend and the word on the street is that it might stay open for the season if the conditions allow!

After 2 days of digging, wading around with the dog, powder sledging with the kids and skidding around in the car, it has cleared up again today and from the office window I can see the Midi towering up there in all its glory covered in a deep blanket of snow. The sun is coming up behind it lighting the snow blowing over the ridge at the top like a halo. It looks amazing!

The Midi is unfortunately closed at the moment but with this much snow in the valley you can pretty much ski anywhere at the moment as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk. Tomorrow I'll skin up to the top of Les Houches or the Grand Montets and see if I can get Ruth out with me for a bit of a slide around.

I've just updated some questions on the Question and answer blog, 'Ask Neil' on the home page and the 'latest course updates' as I think someone has transferred from an early course to a later one, anyway there's a space come up on a BC Intro in Jan and I think there's a couple more single spaces on 2 other BC Intro's in March and April. If anyone is interested, get in touch with Ruth asap as I don't think they'll be available for long!

I've also booked my tickets for Greenland, very exciting! There's a space available on this trip if anyone fancies joining us on a very Jeremy Jones, 'Deeper' style adventure.

I'm hopefully picking up a Jones 'All mountain Twin' 164 at the weekend so I'm looking forwards to giving that a bit of a rip around. A lot of you have taken advantage of the Jones deal we have running through the TSA but I don't think anyone has received boards as yet!

Don't worry, there is a bit of a delay due to the massive demand but I have it from the factory that all orders will be supplied as soon as possible and before the winter fully gets into gear.

My bike is now firmly attached to the Turbo trainer and I've started training for leg power with lots of squats to compliment the cardio work I've been doing. Need to get on top of the stretching a bit but feeling pretty good and ready to go.

Wow, full clear skies outside now, looks beautiful so I've got to get out there.

I need that feeling of powering deep turns in feather light powder! You remember it? If not I'll describe it to you after this weekend!

Get ready!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment