Thursday 16 December 2010

Keeping up with the Jones!

Just back from a days riding with Freeride legend Jeremy Jones in Saas Fee.

I drove over early this morning to hook up with Jeremy for a ride before the Jones Snowboards sales meeting that took place in the afternoon and had a great charge around with him testing out next years boards.

Next years Jones line up looks very nice. Not many changes really, a few tweaks here and there, a couple of new sizes and obviously new graphics. Very nice!

I picked up a Jones Hovercraft, which is really short at 156! But which Jeremy says I'll love swearing that it rides like a much bigger board so we'll see.

Although this is obviously a purpose built powder powder it has a very stiff tail with good side cut and so is meant to be pretty good on hard pack to and so not to be categorized with the Burton fish, which was a bit of a one trick pony.

Anyway, I'm going ot get it drilled up for my massive stance (which will put one foot on the tip and the other on the tail and i'll give it a shot. It's a great looking bit of kit so I'm intrigued to see if it will work for me.

I also grabbed a Solution split board and so will get this up and running sometime in the next week or so and my flagships should be here sometime next week.

Very exciting!

Whilst I've been off riding, Ruth has been busy filling in and updating spaces on the courses!

A space has come available on the 3 day Off Piste Clinic on the 27th Dec, so in a couple of weeks.

A space is available on the last BC Intro 4th April.

There's a space come up on the BC touring week in April.

And a space is available on the Greenland trip 22nd April to 5 May.

So not much left but keep checking back as people seem to be dropping like flies over there in the UK with all that ice around!

I have our first course starting next week, my holidays are nearly over and the serious work of more snowboarding must begin.

Oh well, good job I love it!

All is good in Chamonix.

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment