Monday 13 December 2010

Charging!

Had a great 'Ski' over in Avoriaz this weekend.

It's pretty icy over there but on two planks it was super fun just carving massive high speed Arcs from top to bottom everywhere. My legs felt super strong (well for a while anyway), it took me back to my ski racing days, pulling massive G's out of big GS turns...Fantastic!

It's amazing how much snow disappeared with all the rain last week! Morzine was looking a little green!

The Grand Montets is still fun, good snow up high but getting a little icy on the pistes in places due to traffic. Still fun up there though.

Le Tour looks like it'll be up and running, the grass underneath means the snow base doesn't need to be deep up there. Same sort of deal here in Les Houches, where they now have the snow cannons running 24/7.

Not sure about Flegere, it looked like there wasn't so much snow over there (when viewed from the GMontets) lots of drainage ditches showing through, but I'm sure they'll sort something out. Brevent, is kind of the same deal as Flegere, I imagine they'll get the basic pistes open but we definitely need some snow soon.

The good news is that its forecast to snow next weekend! Not sure if this is just a tourist forecast to keep us optimistic, but I'm going to start getting excited about it anyway!

bring it on.

Beautiful sunny day today, I burnt my legs out a bit yesterday (Skiing burns the thighs in completely different places to snowboarding) so today I'll get the bike out down the valley and have a bit of a spin before hitting some sprint intervals! You know what they say, 'a change is as good as a rest!' and 'No pain no gain!'.

Actually I don't think they say that anymore, with all the sports science research kicking around these days, I think in fact when you're tired they even advise a bit of rest and recovery!

What!

With all this fun stuff to do!

They also say 'no rest for the wicked!'

And I'm having wicked fun so its out on the bike later then and I'll be back on the board tomorrow. After all, I've just spent a good hour in the indoor office already this week, don't want to over do it!

All is good, get out there and get physical you lot, we got work to do this winter!

But be careful on those Mtn Bikes when riding on the ice!

No more cancellations through injury please.

All is good in Chamonix1

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment