Thursday 17 September 2009

Changing Seasons, Autmn is on its way!

Evening light on Aiguille du Tour

There's a definite change in the air this week, colder mornings and the leaves are starting to turn.

I finished my last Mont Blanc of the summer yesterday, a hard one from the Tete Rousse hut to the top and back in 13.5 hours!! Pretty slow going and very cold, -25C with the wind chill from the Vallot to the top. I was well wrapped up, my TNF Catalyst jacket finally came into its own after carrying it in my bag all summer.

I start my bike ride from Chamonix to Nice tomorrow, looking forward to it although I'm pretty tired physically from the summer Guiding. A change is as good as a rest though so hopefully I'll be ok. My VO2 count should be pretty good after all that altitude but I've not been out on my bike for about a week or more!

It's started snowing again up in the peaks and its cold enough that its staying around now. There's snow down to nearly the mid station of the Midi this morning and there's a definite chill in the air. This colder weather is good for the mountains and the Glaciers which have taken a real hammering this summer.

Moody skies over the Aiguille Rouge

I'll leave you with a few shots from the other day and now will start to think about the winter ahead. We have some great courses on the calendar and spaces are limited so I'll get to personally ride with everyone which I'm quite stoked about, I feel inspired about snowboarding this coming winter and am really looking forward to it.

I've never seen the Glaciers this dry before, Glacier de Tour.

Glacier de Tour from the Albert premier refuge.

In the mean time enjoy the photos (all taken on my Iphone) and take it easy!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment