Wednesday 9 September 2009

And another!

Down this morning after a real fast trip up Mont Blanc via the Cosmiques three summits route which we did in 4 hours 20 mins from the early lift on the Aiguille du midi.

Perfect conditions once again and a fine finish to another great week in the mountains.

No rest for the wicked as they say so I must be well wicked as I'm off to meet new clients this evening and then back up amongst the peaks in the morning.

It's mine and Ruth's wedding anniversary today so we're taking a rare evening out, I didn't sleep so much up at the Gouter where it sounded like everyone was eating crisps all night or at least playing with crisp packets so hope i don't fall asleepin my dinner!

Made it down from the Gouter to the Nid Aigle train in 2 and a half hours which is also pretty quick

Mel is away on holiday in Florida and from her text messages is having a good time. She's checking mail and answer messages so you should get news from her if you send her an e-mail. She has a new I-phone which she keeps raving on about. I got one too but of course being a techno phobe I probably only use about 1% of its capacity.

One more week to go and then the big bike ride! Not getting out training much because of work but my red blood cell count and VO2 should be pretty good!

The mountains are pretty dry still although it snowed a bit last week and its cold up there so its staying around. My fellow Guide Andreas who was working with me and did Mont Blanc this morning by the regular Gouter route says it was so cold his glasses frame cracked this morning!

I'm packing big gloves and a duvet!

More news soon,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment