Monday 11 May 2009

Thankyou for your kind words!

There have been so many kind and encouraging messages posted both here and on other web sites and forums concerning the loss of our great friend and riding partner Keith McIntosh.

Keith, who many of you knew as a McNab coach, McNab Junior team Coach or Instructor through his own company Alpinelines was a loving husband to Mel (who most of you will know through our office or courses) and the proud father of little Arren.

Keith tragically died in an Avalanche whilst attending the UK Board test in Kaunertal, Austria on the 5th of May 2009.

Those who rode with him in Kaunertal spoke about his incredible enthusiasm and passion for riding during these last few days. These few days away were to be his last of the winter, a bit of a wind down after a very long and busy season working here in Chamonix.
The fact that he spent his last few days doing the sport he loved in the high peaks that he loved with some of his best friends leaves us with the positive memories of Keith that we shall keep hold of forever.

Since this tragic event the support, warmth and response to this sad news has been incredible and I’d personally like to thank you all for your kind words of support for Mel and Arren.

Mel and Arren have now returned to Scotland to be with family and friends in Glasgow. Keith’s funeral arrangements have yet to be confirmed but I shall post a mailing address and details on line here, as soon as I know what is happening, so that those who want to send cards, flowers (or even something for Mel or little Arren) can do so.

We shall follow Mel to Scotland later this week to offer our support and to say goodbye to our great friend.

Once again I’d like to say thankyou for your support and comforting words during this sad and difficult time.

Cheers,

Neil.



Keith was well known for his abilty to perform a perfect and stylish backflip off almost any bump, lump or jump however big or small. I remember when he taught himself this trick first go whilst we rode a powder descent from the top of the Possettes lift down to the car park at Le Tour. I remember the kicker that we stood above and I remember him saying lets learn backflips before nailing it first go. I seem to remember that I bottled it at the last moment but instead mastered the more common half back flip to head plant, a trick that even today I can still do at will.



Your comments and messages!



Neil
So very sorry to hear of the tragic news...
Our deepest sympathies to Mel & Arren, you and everyone who was part of Keith's life.

Dale&Deb
Xx




Hey Neil,
Just heard the news- Please pass my love on to Mel. Kieth's love for the mountains was evident in all he did and truely infectous. He brightened up many of my days and everyone's at Kommunity .. for that I am eternally grateful. He will be dearly missed.
Much love and thinking of you Mel,
Alexa (Hohenberg) x



Neil / Mel
I was so sorry to hear about Keith’s accident, although I only knew him briefly he really left a massive impression on me. His riding was so stylish but more importantly he had such a great attitude and approach to teaching. He’ll be sadly missed by many. Our thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.
Regards
Lee




Dear Mel,
I only heard the news about Keith and am very sorry for your loss, like for many Keith was an inspiration and very much in helping me prepare for Kamchatka, my thoughts are with you.
Simon Doyle



To Mel,
I spent my best ever weeks riding with keith on a McNab course in 2008, a fantastic teacher and a great guy, sadly gone but never forgotten, my thoughts go out to you, your family, all at McNab and all of Keith's many friends,
Nick. (Nick Driver)



Hi Neil,
Can you please pass my sincere condolences to Mel following the tragic loss of Keith - my thoughts are with her at this difficult time.
I met Keith on several occasions at the chalet and London ski shows but my main memory is from 2004 when he joined us on a backcountry freeride camp (along with Ralf and yourself) and produced a superb video of the week which is a souvenir that I still treasure.
It seems almost trivial to mention it in the circumstances, but thanks again for an amazing week in Norway - I hope you were able to bring back some positive memories of the trip.
Pete



So very sorry to hear the awful news about keith. My heartfelt condolences go out to you all, especially to Mel and Arren.
Paul Jacobs



Hey Neil
My thoughts have been with all of you in Chamonix that were closest to Keith. It was such a huge shock to hear this news. Keith brought a smile to my face when our paths crossed over the years, the most genuine and dedicated snowboarder I know. I hope the messages on here and on facebook will give you all a little relief in the toughest of times.
Laura Hill.x



Hi Mel,

I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news about the Keith. He was a
great guy to ride with.

My thoughts are with you, Arren, and all of his friends.

Nick Welsh.




Hi Neil,

I just heard about Keith, I'm so shocked and sad.
Keith was such a great person and instructor, I can't believe he's gone.

Please send my love to Mel and Arren.

Rgds,
Alex (Irlec) Acuna



Very sad news. It has been a few seasons since riding with you guys but I still have wonderful memories of our days out. I have a very vivid memory of boarding together at the back of the Grand Montet in poor visibility, Keith screamed past us all and waited at the bottom grinning. Your words were very apt and moving Neil, clearly written by a true friend.
Take care, will be thinking of you all.
Jacko.



Dear Mel,

Just heard the news about Keith and my thoughts are with you and Arren
at this terrible time.
Keith was an inspiration to so many including myself and he will be
missed by all.
He lived his life to the full and I feel honoured to have met him and
to have boarded with him.


My deepest sympathies

Darren (Stevenson)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mel, Arren & the McNab Team,

    Words can't ease your sorrow, but hearts can share your loss. We are thinking of you during this very sad time.

    Nicola Duncan on behalf of all the RAF Snowboarders xxx

    ReplyDelete