Tuesday 8 February 2011

And finally we find it, Fresh lines for all!

After 5 weeks of blue skies and now new snow, today we finally scored some proper fresh lines after a swift hike up Mont Nix above Courmayeur.

I've been keeping my eye on this line for sometime now and today with everyone up for the hike I finally got to get stuck in there and check it out.

As I had suspected, the snow was still good, cold, fresh, not wind effected and most importantly untracked over a vertical drop of about 500m.

Once again I took out my splitboard which I'm getting totally dialled in now and really enjoying both up and down the mountain.

I'll let the shots speak for themselves as finally I took my camera out on the way down too!

The guys heading up Mont Nix, breaking fresh tracks in soft cold snow!

Me making easy work of it on the Solution Splitboard!

Sweet turns at last! Darren gets some fresh.

Andy all alone with no tracks to follow!

Neil Sykes drops in, all good!

Joel gets stuck in with some nice turns!

Andy getting deep in it, well almost!

And there it is, all tracked out... the search starts again!

Hope you enjoy the shots!

I now need to find some more secret spots, the search continues...

Neil.

1 comment:

  1. Neil
    Good to see you find untracked soft snow after 5 weeks!
    Great skills
    Regards
    Hugo

    ReplyDelete