Tuesday 29 June 2010

McNab clients get 'Jones Snowboards' discount at TSA!

Ok it's official, anyone booking on a 'McNab Snowboarding' course for this coming winter can get a massive 15% discount off any of the 'JONES Snowboards' range through 'The Snowboard Asylum' on booking their course (contact Ruth for more details).

As most of you will be aware by now, as of next winter I shall be riding for 'JONES Snowboards' as part of the 'Jones Snowboards' European contingent and helping on R&D.

This coming winter 2010/11 I have dedicated three Backcountry Freeride courses to the 'Jones Solution Splitboard' so as to explore the obvious potential that Splitboarding can offer to the BC aficionado. I also have one week of Snowboard Touring scheduled into the calendar and a BC Expedition to the East Coast of Greenland both of which will also run in favor of the 'Jones Splitboard' experience.

When not Touring I shall be riding the 'Jones' Flagship 168W. I rode with Jeremy Jones at the beginning of last season here in Chamonix when he was testing his first Flagship prototypes and they looked awesome. A few tweaks here and there and the end result looks very exciting in deed.

In much the same way as I am with 'McNab Snowboarding', the whole 'Jones Snowboards' range and Jeremy's whole ethos is dedicated to Freeriding and exploring the unlimited potential of Backcountry riding all over the world and I am proud to be part of the new 'Jones Snowboards' revolution.

I'm already very excited about riding the Flagship, a board that is specifically designed for the type of riding that I live for! How amazing will that be? I also think that the future potential for Backcountry riding and exploration offered by the Jones 'Solution' Splitboard might just be the answer to all our prayers when it comes to BC touring here in the Alps.

I'm a hard case to convince when it comes to Splitboarding as in the past I haven't had much success with it. In fact I found the going up to be great but the flex of the board too soft to make the descent worth riding. Jeremy assures me that these new 'splits' are stiffer and more versatile than anything out there and this must come from a man in the know! Also the new 'Spark r&d' bindings are a massive step in the right direction and are reported to increase the performance of the Splitboard by up to 30% from previous. This is a good thing as I found the older raised up binding system to be half of the problem when it came down to the riding performance.

Also as part of the test and development team I'm determined to get a working splitboard on my feet as soon as I can. So what ever it takes!

I was already greatly inspired to try a Splitboard again after touring around the 'Col du Grand St Bernard' with Alistair Davies this last winter. The potential out there is massive but the distances that need covering are just too great for Snowshoeing so all of this couldn't have come at a better time!

Is this the future? Just imagine the possibilities. Those that were out in Kashmir with me in January can only imagine what we could have got up to if we'd had the potential of 'Splitboard' access. Imagine going Heli boarding in Kamchatka but then staying on for a Peninsula crossing on Splitboards!

This just could be the dawning of a new era!

Anyway, you get the picture I'm sure and you can probably tell that I'm quite excited by the prospects of riding for 'Jones snowboards' next winter.

Ruth is now ready to take deposits for next winters courses and will be in touch with all those provisionally booked in to confirm your places.

To conclude then, if anyone booking a course is interested in this amazing discount deal on any of the new 'JONES SNOWBOARDS' range give us a shout and we'll sort it out!

Right back out on the bike, enough Office stuff for this week!

All is good in Chamonix.

Neil.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete