Friday 23 April 2010

latest news, Summer Guiding and 2011 updates!

Nearing the end of my penultimate week of the winter with one more day of a 3 day BC Intro to go before the Summits week. Here's some news on this week, this sumers guiding and some updates for next winter 2011...Read on!

Yesterday we went out wide on the Rognon Glacier off the top tickets lift at the Grand Montets. We traversed right out under the Aiguille Vert and then worked our way down through the maze of crevasses and serracs. There was some quite neice snow out there and it was a great run in an inspirational backdrop. The snow up top was still winter cold but on the whole we've been riding and looking for soft spring corn and slush to carve about in.

Today we went up the Midi and did a Petite Envers. Again there was some nice snow to start off with due to it being cooler at altitude. we then had some quite icy lumpy tracked snow to deal with for a little way before we hit the softer spring snow lower down. We did Crevasse rescue training on the Mer du Glace before heading back to the Montenver and Chamonix.

Tomorrow we're heading back up the Midi and will tour up towards the Italian side before hooking around and descending the Glacier Noire back into the Valley Blanche. It looked quite good over that side today and is a beautiful tour so it should be pretty good and a great day out!

I've pretty much finalized the calendar for next winter. Its pretty much as I mentioned in my last Blog/News piece so check that out for an idea of whats on offer.

Prices and exact dates will be online 2nd week of April. We've already had quite a lot of interest and quite a few people penciled in on different weeks but we can't take actual bookings for next winter until I've had a meeting with my accountant on the 7th to discuss how things will run next winter as I think we'll be charging in Euros from now on.

I have to say I'm already pretty excited about next winters courses and I'm really looking forward to hitting Norway and Greenland again and getting the splitboard thing working as I think this will really open up a lot of options for BC access, touring and trips for the future.

A quick note to say that I am now taking bookings for Summer Guiding. I Guide in the summer on a private basis and offer Rock climbing, Alpine Climbing and Mountaineering for all levels including Mont Blanc ascents for keen Novices. There's great climbing for all levels here in Chamonix so if you fancy it give Ruth a shout and we'll work out a plan.

Apart from all of this I've just started to hang on my fingers and arms again after a pretty long lay off from climbing due to tendonitis and although obviously weaker it feels good to be hanging again. Went on the Turbo trainer again last night but was probably a little tired after riding as it felt like my lungs were shrinking and my heart was going to pop. Legs were ok though, kind of!

Anyway, all is good in Chamonix!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment