Tuesday 30 March 2010

Another deep powder day in Courmayeur!

Wow, great day to today in Courmayeur where we rode line after line of deep untracked powder through the trees in what I can only describe as the perfect storm!

I love riding in Courmayeur on a storm day, no one around, the bad vis keeps them away, strong winds making the chair rides unpleasant and dumping snow meaning anyone with out the right kit won't last very long. The Italians hate bad weather and so the only other teams you'll ever find out in the trees on a day like this are also over from Chamonix with guides. It's too much hassle for the Cham seasonaires, the hardcore Freeriders are all in the lift line at the Grands Montets or scraping around pres des Rochers off the midi and so the beautiful trees of Courmayeur are just ours, all ours!

I've been over here so much this season that I'm beginning to wonder if I picked the wrong side of the mountain as my point of residence. Whatever though, its good to have had another full on winter experience and another day of endless deep fresh turns until lift closure.

My legs were feeling strong again today after a couple of days of feeling a bit tired. I've been at it 6 days a week now since just before Christmas so I suppose I'm due some tired aching limbs and training hard for the up and coming Road cycling season probably hasn't helped so much, (having said that, I've never had such strong legs as this winter so maybe it was the 15/20kg pack full of Glacier safety kit that I was riding with the last couple of days that made the difference).

Anyway, a great day for all today and it looks like something simillar is on the cards for tomorrow. We left Courmayeur to stormy skies and falling snow so hopefully our tracks will all be filled in for tomorrow.

It was also snowing here in Chamonix all day too so that should mean even less people heading through the tunnel, Italia here we come!

All is good!

Neil.

5 comments:

  1. what about the sponsorship changes! we're all on tenterhooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. dark web sites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. гидра тор

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. dark web links

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. dark web links

    ReplyDelete