Tuesday 9 June 2009

Summer Lovin, loving the summer!


We’ve had a couple of beautiful weeks here in Chamonix with amazing weather, warm temps and clear skies. The last few days however it’s been a bit colder again and this morning the skies cleared to reveal the mountains bathed once again in a thick cloak of winter white snow.

I start work up in the mountains in a week or so with my first Mont Blanc so hopefully the weather will clear up and become stable before then, the Gouter Route conditions must be perfect at the moment and I know a friend of mine skied the Grand Mullet route just the other day and scored fresh tracks from the Dome to the Hut.

Its Road cycling season again out here and after becoming a bit obsessed with it last year, I spent most of the winter evenings in my garage, not bouldering as usual but doing squats and leg work in preparation for this summer. This has done nothing for my climbing ability this spring, but out on the bike I feel like I’m finally getting somewhere, my fitness is getting better than ever and my legs are definitely stronger.

A friend of mine runs Road cycling training camps here in the Alps (GPM10) and so I’ve been going out with him a little bit (he leaves me for dust). He’s got a week running Chamonix to Nice in mid September which I might do so if anyone out there is interested in joining me on the bike give me a shout, maybe we can get a McNab group together?

Plans for the Kommunity summer camp are going well and we’re now getting a steady stream of inquiries coming in. (This new snow will definitely help keep the Glacier in good condition).

Pipe star - Dom Harrington at last year Kommunity camp.



Check out the movie from last years camp!

Myself and the usual Pro team will be out there from the 18th to 25th July and we’ll be offering all the usual coaching, basic Freeride technique through to Freestyle madness (catering for all abilities from novice to up and coming Pro) plus all the usual off snow activities.

It should be a great week so if you fancy it give us a call or drop us an e-mail.

We're also planning next seasons Calendar and Voyager trips so if there are any weeks anyone wants to book for Private groups let us know and we'll book them in the program.

Right, out on the bike again now so laters,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment