Sunday 14 June 2009

Back up in the mountains!


I went up the Midi today and did the Cosmique Arete with a friend of mine, Greame, who flies 747's for BA. Figured I'd take him up for a day in the mountains and then I get to fly a Jumbo for a day, fair swap!

unfortunately due to terrorism and other technical stuff this is no longer a viable option and only real trained Pilots can fly planes now a days. Oh well, worth a try!


It was a great day anyway, perfect weather and great conditions!

Been out on my bike quite a bit lately and seem to be getting better. Did a sprint finish up the Cold du Montets on Wednesday, snapped a spoke and bent my back wheel. I've either got stronger legs or shit wheels. Anyway, I borrowed some real tech aero looking carbon wheels from Mark (GPM10.com) and I'll see if they make any difference over the coming few days.

Andy Cook, (who some of you might know from winter camps) is coming over tomorrow for a couple of days to help out with Business planning and is bringing his bike along. He shaves his legs and everything so must be good and I'm looking forwards to getting out and 'seeing if I can hold his wheel' (this is a tech term I've read about but I'm not sure what it is. I think the idea is to slip stream behind someone but I always seem to find this not so beneficial, me being twice the size of everyone else, so I normally end up in front. Mark reckons its like following a bus! Not sure what that says about my ability though, compliment or not?)

We'll be putting together next seasons calendar pretty soon. Spoke to Jonnie Baird the other day (as he conned me into riding up some monster steep hill he'd scoped out) and we're both keen to get back to Greenland again next season. Maybe do the same sort of trip as before but to a new location with 2 days dog sledding to get out there. A few people are already keen on an Iran trip which is quite exciting and Kamchatka has provisional bookings already although the dates aren't out yet!

We'll be running lots of our Advanced BC courses (ratio 3 to 1 guide) again this season as they proved to be really popular plus all our regular BC Intros, BC Freeride and Tech and Off piste clinics and will be adding some shorter long weekend sort of courses for those that can only get a few days away or need lots of frequent fixes.

Lots in the pipe line as usual and not enough time to get it all done.

I start my first Mont Blanc week on Wednesday and then the summer just keeps on rolling along.

The Kommunity Summer Camps in Les2Alpes is running the 18th - 25th July, for more info check out the Kommunity page on line at www.mcnabsnowsports.com

Should be a good event!

Emough for now,

laters,
Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment