Saturday 14 January 2012

Another week of great Off Piste!

Another great week of off Piste riding in the bag!

last week I had a Private group for an Off piste week, a group of friends all looking for the same vibe and so we could basically do what ever we wanted (or whatever I wanted as it works out).

Great!

We started out with a fantastic day at Le Tour riding the back bowls and a great car park face run finding superb snow even though the wind over the weekend has stripped a lot of the powder away!

Tuesday we hit Courmayeur for the ususal tree runs and a big hit in the Val Veni, which although wind affected was still in great riding condition.

Next we hit up the Grands Montets and with the group starting to get their form going we did a top tickets on the Argentiere Glacier followed by a fantastic Pas du Chevre descent to Chamonix.

We did some Avalanche transceiver work and a Possettes Couloir variant on the Thursday and then for the piece de resistance I dragged them out touring for the final day with a great Backcountry day out to the Aiguillette des Houches and down to coupeau.

All in all another great week...

I now have a Heli drop to contend with tomorrow, another private group for the day, so I'll head up tot he Trient Plateau with them and see what's looking good.

This is followed by the first of my Backcountry Intro of the winter which I'm really looking forward to. The conditions at the moment really suit touring out there in search of the goods...fantastic!

I put some course availability on line last week, things are changing all the time so keep checking back, I know Ruth is in contact with quite a few people juggling dates etc at the moment and I'll keep updating things as I know...I'm kept on a need to know basis with these things so just take it one day at a time and get to concentrate on finding the goods out on the hill...

The perfect world!

I've had a bit of Bronchitis this last week so have laid off the cycling in order to recover. Just starting to feel a bit stronger again now so will tie in a bit of leg work this week to see how I progress. With working everyday it might be the case that added track nights push my body a little to far into the red zone so I need to find a balance that fulfills my needs...

Oh and by the way, if you didn't see my last video 'powder hit' you van now find it on the Jones Snowboards web site here

Anyway, all is good... need to organize things for the heli day tomorrow so I'll catch you all later!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment