Tuesday 22 November 2011

Final check list before the first ride!

Well, this is it, I start my winter this coming winter with a Private course in Tignes!

So far the skies are blue and we're still enjoying amazing Autumn like conditions out here in the Alps. Great for cycling, but not so good for the Snowboarding!

For the past few years, I've not started my season before the Christmas week though to although there's no snow at the moment there is till another month before I'd normally expect to start riding so I'm no overly concerned as yet.

There's always snow up on the Glacier in Tignes so I'm quite looking forward to getting back on board and having a slide.

I'll be taking my Splitboard along as I'm riding with a couple that will heading out to Norway to tour in the Lyngen Alps (although not on my trip). Lee came out to Lyngen with me on my previous trip but will this year go armed with a Splitboard for the first time and so wants to practice some skills and Rhiannon will be touring on skis so I'll be skiing a little this next week to, which will be fun. There's obviously not going to be a lot of Off piste or touring possible but I'm sure there'll be places to go and it's always nice to just get out the back away from the pistes and have some time in the mountains on your own. I'm looking forward to it!

I've been sessioning the Velodrome quite a bit recently, 2 or 3 times a week! I did a French Federation de Cyclismetrack meet at the weekend were I came 3rd in one race and 2nd in the other. My tactics are shit, I'm all over the place and in the last race in which I came 2nd I had to power my way around the bunch from the back such was my excellent positioning coming into the last 2 laps!

It's great fun, nice to be learning something new and my ability to Sprint quite fast seems to be pretty good. Hopefully I'll keep progressing and my tactics will improve as my confidence builds. At the moment, I kind of hide at the back so I don't knock everyone down, maybe if I'd been near the front I could have won!

This is work in progress, great fun!

So what else is new?

We now have a 25% discount offer for 'Science in Sport' nutritional products for 'McNab Snowboarding' clients. I pretty much love on this stuff and highly recommend it to anyone building their training up for the winter and for when riding and hiking all day up in the hills. Check out the 'SiS' web site and get the 'discount code' from Ruth if you want to take advantage of this offer.

I've been getting quite a few tech questions coming in and so have been updating my Q&A blog.
Check it out and keep the questions coming, I'll do my best to answer them!
http://mcnabsnowboardingqa.blogspot.com/

The McNab Facebook page is getting more and more followers. I'm hoping this page will become almost like a forum for you to use and somewhere were we can share photos from the winter courses. I'll use it to post shots this winter so bookmark it in your browser. http://www.facebook.com/mcnabsnowboarding

Right, I've got my Splitboard set up and ready to go, my Mtn Twin is set and I'll take the 163XL Flagship but I'm still running through those mental check lists of what you need to remember for a Snowboarding trip throwing in a little 'On Piste', 'Off Piste', 'Glacier riding' and 'BC touring' plus some skiing!

I guess I just need everything!!

All is good in Chamonix!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment