Saturday 5 March 2011

McNab snowboarding on Facebook!

At the request of a good number of you guys I have finally succumbed and started a McNab Snowboarding facebook page!

Hopefully here you can post your shots, give some chat and keep in touch with us and each other? I think that's how it works so we'll see.

Find it and get on board!

I've just finished a 5 day Tech clinic which was great. A good group, all keen and up for it. We ran through the Science of perfect snowboard technique before exploring how to match your line to the terrain and work with the mountain rather than fighting against it.

We spent he final day riding the slack country (Off Piste) at le Tour with a finishing run from the Tete du Balme right down to Trient.

There's some good snow out there, it's pretty tracked just out of bounds and in the popular spots but it looks like there's some to find if you're willing to work for it.

I have a BC Intro this week which should be good and a BC Splitboard the week after so will be keeping busy out amongst the peaks in search of untracked powder lines.

I just received some sample kit from the new Billabong 'Advanced' range which I'm now helping develop.

Billabong were one of my first proper professional sponsors back in the mid 90's and I rode for them for a good number of years. They're a pretty chilled out dedicated boards ports company, best known for Surfing I guess, but have been in the Snowboard industry for over 20 years and so are not new comers to the business and our very own home grown snowboard legend Jenny Jones rides for them so I'm in good company!

It's quite nice to have come full circle, I wanted to get involved with a brand that is involved in Snowboarding rather than help develop a mountaineering brand trying to get into the snowsports market and with Billabong starting a new advanced freeride range of outerwear aimed at the Backcountry freeride market, the timing was just perfect.

Billabong have a nice ethos, the guys are all snowboarders and surfers and they are fully into developing some good quality kit so I'm stoked to be back in Billabong product. Watch this space for updates!!

Big bike ride planned for tomorrow so enough chat for now!

All is good,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment