Thursday 27 August 2009

More biking, more Mont Blanc, more loving the summer!

All alone in the valley Blanche (Adv BC - winter 09)

Wow, just back from a week in Scotland with the family where it pretty much rained everyday! We had a couple of dry days or maybe half days but apart from that it rained pretty much non stop!

Back in Chamonix now where its blue skies and sunshine again, Phew!

I've 3 weeks of work Guiding up in the mountains now, so will be pretty busy and not in the office so much. Mel is taking bookings for next winter, which is already looking pretty busy, so if you need any info just drop her and e-mail or give her a call. I'll also be checking e-mails on my new iphone, so if there's any info needed from me she'll pass your questions on to me and I'll get back to you.

I'll have a few nights down in the valley and will be getting out on my bike as much as poss as straight after my 3rd week I leave for the GPM10 Chamonix - Nice bike ride (after which I think I might now have another Mont Blanc to guide).

Nearing the top of the Dome du Miage (BC Custom winter 09)

There's quite a few interested in the late season Summits week which is great. I'm thinking of starting the week over touring around the Grand Paradiso region in Italy with perhaps a quick ascent of the Grand Paradiso itself. If the weather allows this should be a big week and I'm looking forwards to it already.

Summits team on the top of Mont Blanc after climbing the 3 summits cosmiques route (BC summits).

Right got to go pack for the hills and then get out on the bike.

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment