Friday 24 July 2009

Back on the blogs

Ok, after a bit of a layoff from the blogging I'm back!

Dreaming of deep fresh turns for 2010!

I'm over in L2Alpes at the moment for the final day of this years Kommunity summer camp. We've unfortunately just had a couple of days off due to high winds but today the weather is perfect and so the team are hard at it.

Uk pros Laura Berry, (X games gold medalist) Jenny Jones, (Young gun) Jack Shackleton, Soul searcher Will Hughes and (junior team coach)Dave Seeley are leading the charge along with Snowboard teacher/guru Tammy Esten (featured in my book 'Go Snowboard') and Dalik-fodda head honcho Ian Ashmore!

After amazing snow conditions at the start of the week (due to fresh snowfall down to nearly the town!) Warm winds have now pretty much stripped the lower glacier back to the ice and conditions are now getting pretty tough up there.

Nice shot from a Mont Blanc week this summer!

I've been pretty busy these last few weeks with Mountain Guiding around Chamonix, doing the brochure and writing articles for various magazines for this coming winter. I've a column type blog for Document coming and a series on tech stuff for the Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard mag along with a few other items here and there.

I've been pretty active on the bike recently. I rode a stage of the Tour de France the other day from Martigny to Bourg St Maurice with GPM10. Felt good on the climbs, think I'm starting to get it a little!

I set myself a new personal best climbing up here (L2Alpes) from the dam knocking 2 mins off my best time from the last camp 2 weeks ago (I'm now down to 35mins) and felt quite strong still at the top. (I know someone who has done it in 27mins but he's really very good and one of those skinny little hill climber types so that's basically cheating!)

My last years best was 47 mins so a bit of improvement there anyway, which is good cos I guess 47mins is pretty bad!

The brochure is looking good, my good friend Tosh@contagiouscreative.co.uk is designing it, all good!

Jenny, Tammy and Will are coming back to Chamonix for a few days tomorrow, Tammy is based in Morzine and Will is in Tignes so not far for them, Jenny is en route for some snow time in NZ at the end of next week so soaking in some extra sunshine before she heads off. She's been busy surfing all summer so far and is looking well.

I've got another Mont Blanc ascent coming up next week, plenty to get on with before then so better get off.

Take it easy!

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment